Future Tense (6 Points)

Sketch One

    If I follow the trend of how I’ve been feeling about holidays the older I get, I feel like my generation wouldn’t celebrate it the way it used to for so long, I can always see us getting so tired of a capitalist country that doesn’t care about its people especially when it’s becoming so hard for my generation to live in it, with our low paying minimum wage jobs and the only way we can get better jobs is through higher education but the only way to get a higher education is to put yourself into almost lifelong debt and my generation has the least amount of homeowners because of the expenses of living going higher...causing a generation full of depressed and anxious people...very fun. Other than that, if I have started the family I plan on having, then, of course, I’d be getting them probably whatever necessary or nice at the time if I could afford it. What I am hoping for is to have landed my dream job in the industry as a concept artist as well as my parent so we could live fulfilling creative lives. I fear that we won’t be able to take care of our family to our best ability due to the natural cycle of crunch and overtime that occurs relentlessly in our work.

Sketch Two

    I’m hoping to see robotics and cyborgs implemented into daily life. I want to see those bustling futuristic cities and cars and services; everything we’ve been seeing in the movies and cartoons. I just want to see it so bad before I have to go and I’m so scared that I’ll miss it in my lifetime. I’m hoping that technology has done so much more to help people’s daily lives and simplify things. I hope that travel, whether it’s local or international, to be as easy as teleportation or being able to shop is as easy as holograms in your home showing the product so you can tet it in your house or see how it would fit you. The idea of robotic limbs being a norm would be so interesting to me, being able to see how it improves human evolution. Being able to create images from my mind or virtual reality being so advanced we could live or experience fictional places. Even conscious robots, I want to live side by side with them and create bonds with them. This future just seems to have so many new possibilities that I want that thinking about it makes me melancholic.

Sketch Three

    The first thing I think of is accessibility, ease, adaptability, and optimization. I’d love to think we as humans would at least have our shit together by then, as technological growth has been historically known to increase exponentially, so hopefully, we can build and live beyond what we’ve already destroyed. I like to imagine a society that can adapt to any natural disaster or maybe if we no longer live on a livable Earth, at least simulates qualities such as seasons and temperature. Thinking about the tall catacombs of buildings with so many people living in a messy condensed place full of technology that adheres to people’s wants; being able to have accessible transportation to everywhere with ease. Hopefully, life, in general, is so much easier; food, shopping, walking, working, etc.

    I always think in this format, robotics and cyborgs are almost a necessity. I absolutely adore robots but I’m scared that this new being can cause rifts in society; the same fears from the beginning of the technological advancements that they’ll disobey and cause mass genocide or something. I just was to coexist with them and be friends with them. I see there is a distinct difference between the machinery that is for doing jobs or creating things, in my mind they’re not sentient, to actual robots who develop feelings and emotions and their own opinions and I want to embrace that. Kinda the same if aliens were to live with us, but I think that’s less realistic than robot society haha.

Comments